Thursday, June 18, 2009



Sadly, the radio recorder stuffed up this week, so I didn't get a recording of Tuesday's show. A shame, as I really enjoyed some of the tracks I played - especially the Tennessee Ernie Ford tracks. I'll just play them next time.

So instead, here's another old show I dug up. It's from April 28th 2008. The recording skips a bit and I say 'um' a lot, but it's worth a listen.

The old show is here:

http://audio.substep.com/fleetfm/lagrange28april.mp3

Tracks are:

1. Snoop Dogg - My medicine (skips like a bugger)
2. Willie Nelson - Gotta get drunk
3. Doug Sahm - Give back the key to my heart (play this a lot don't I?)
4. Kris Kristofferson - Josie
5. Tony Joe White - They caught the devil (I get the title wrong, duh)
6. Blitzen Trapper - Ten cent slut
7. Pearlene - You done told everybody
---
break in the country
8. White Denim - World as a waiting room
---
9. Dr John - Zu Zu Man
10. Jim Stafford - Swamp Witch
11. Screaming Jay Hawkins - Feast of the Mau Mau
12. Vincent Pringle - Cane on the Brasos
13. Hoyt Axton - Thunder and Lightning
14. Jack Cooke - Sitting on top of the world
15. Virginia Boys - She left me standing on the mountain
16. Jim Lauderdale - One blue mule
17. Flying Burrito Brothers - Sin City
18. Patsy Cline - Crazy
19. Archie and Lorraine - Dark end of the street
20. ZZ Top - La Grange
21. Someone sampling Cheap Sunglasses, abandoned
---
songs from my Dad
22. Kenny Rogers - Tulsa Turnaround
23. Townes Van Zandt - Black widow spider
---
songs for my son Billy
24. Ry Cooder - Billy the kid
25. Ralph Steadman - Little boy Billie
---

No comments: