Monday, October 27, 2008

Archived radio shows - La Grange One

Howdy folks. So Uber went tits up unfortunately, and my old site bit the dust.

Fortunately, the old radio shows I recorded are still alive and well on a different server, so I've jumped ship to good old fashioned Blogger. I plan to add links to the old shows with track listings, as and when I get the time.

Here's the first show I did. Note the mumbling and microphone problems. Rest assured, things didn't really improve much on that front.

But hopefully, the quality of the tunes I played made up for the general DJ incompetence.

Sweet!

LA GRANGE ONE

Download the show here

Here's the tracklisting:

1. (half of) Baby it just don't matter - Sir Douglas Quintet
2. Cocaine - Hoyt Axton
3. I ain't got nobody - Dick Curless
4. My Uncle used to love me but she died - Roger Miller
---
A break in the country:
5. Don't you call her no tramp - Betty Davis
---
6. Shotgun Willie - Willie Nelson (track jumps, it's a fault with the show recording)
7. Working my way to LA - Jim Ford
8. For what it's worth - Buffalo Springfield
9. Rainin wine on Sunday - Diabolo Dimes
10. Slow Eyes - John Barrett's bass drum of death
---
Songs from my Dad:
11. Carly Simon - The Haints
12. The other side - Ryan Bingham
---
13. Dead flowers - Caitlin Rose
---
Songs about animals for my dog Ted:
14. Yellow dawg - Crow
15. Grizzly Bear - Hoyt Axton (my son loves this track - he's 5 months old)
16. Tiger by the tail - Waylon Jennings
---
Short country songs from '30 country greats':
17. Walking the floor over you - Charlie Walker
18. Columbus Stockade - Boots Randolph & Jimmy Richardson
19. 16 tonnes - Jimmy Dean
20. Alabam - Cowboy Copas
21. Giddyup go - Red Sovine
22. I can't go on living this way - Stonewall Jackson
---
23. Kentucky woman - Ronnie Milsap
24. House of the rising sun - Ronnie Milsap
25. King of rock n roll - Crow
26. Space captain - Joe Cocker
27. Backside rules the navy - Oscar Brand & Dave Sears
28. Crying holy unto the Lord - Dillard & Clark
29. Cocaine blues - Johnny Cash
30. Death of song - White Hassle
31. Please don't bury me - John Prine
32. Calling lightning (part 2) - Howlin' Rain (again, recording jumps a bit)

No comments: