Wednesday, February 13, 2008

La Grange! Is what exactly?

La Grange is a country music show on FleetFm, Sundays midday till 2pm. You can listen online www.fleetfm.co.nz

It's also this blog of course. I'm going to rip some nice old tunes from the vinyl I've been plundering from Real Groovy and post up here. I'll chuck up some new tunes too.

And it's going to be a monthly club night at The Department of Conversation Bar on K Road, Auckland. When it opens.

What do I mean by country?

I mean stuff like

Doug Sahm
Commander Cody & The Lost Planet Airmen
Jim White
Tony Joe White
Willie Nelson
Hasil Adkins
Tom Russell
The James Gang
The Rolling Stones
Beachwood Sparks
Tom Waits
ZZ Top (before Eliminator)
The Flying Burrito Borthers
Blitzen Trapper
Manassas
Howlin' Rain
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Run Westy Run
Mystic Chords of Memory

If you're in a country band and want to send me music to play on the show, or post here - email dave@artrocker.com.

Cheers!

No comments: